Wednesday, February 8, 2012

life of the party

Last weekend, we received the heart-breaking news that my Grampa passed away. He was a lover of life and the life of the party -- the wedding was no exception.

Grampa was a class act and spoiled everyone with his sharp wit, sartorial flair, tenderness, and joie de vivre.

He worked so hard to make it to the wedding and it meant the world to have him there.

I love you, Gramps. You are such an important part of who I am and I'll carry you with me the rest of my days.

Two deaths on the heels of such an amazing celebration -- we're stunned. Wishing everyone vitality and joy. Live in the moment. Much love to all.

1 comment:

Susan Gillis said...

Mia, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm very glad to have known your Grampa, and to have been able to see and return his big smile again in December. His joy in your joy was so evident! And these pictures capture it. Sending love and hugs. xoxo Susan