Here are the pics I used for my portfolio, some which may be familiar:
Material road kill in London

A perfectly mundane landscape in Domaine Forget, Quebec

At a "tent city" in Portland. (I particularly love how the American flag and gnome are placed on the window sill of this semi-permanent building.)

Bench people in Toronto

Bus people in Portland, who are also ex-colleagues from UofT

Ah, that mushroom again. Talk about texture of place!

An incredible window display in London's Chinatown

I've been playing with typologies of objects in everyday urban spaces to highlight difference (not sameness)...

... and manipulating the images digitally to create new meanings.

Huge thanks to Peter for helping me tweak the photos with his fabulous new photo software. Yup, I'm in.
My wonderful Department is giving me some support for the School and also letting me borrow this:
I have this beast through the summer and will have to figure out how to use it for the course, which starts July 11th. (More on my project soon).
1 comment:
The Domaine Forget shot pierced my heart.
Post a Comment